Our comprehensive services include resource navigation, counseling and support groups over the phone, online and in-person, educational workshops, publications and financial and co-payment assistance. All CancerCare services are provided by master's-prepared oncology social workers and world-leading cancer experts.
In our fiscal year ending June 30, 2022:
- CancerCare provided 171,885 services to people affected by cancer, serving clients with 90 different types of cancer in all 50 states.
- Our oncology social workers answered 38,841 calls to our Hopeline.
- Our staff provided 31,569 hours of emotional and practical support through our Hopeline, individual counseling, support groups, community programs and more.
- CancerCare provided $81 million in financial and co-payment assistance to 28,664 people for costs including transportation, practical needs and to pay for cancer medications.
- CancerCare welcomed 1.8 million visits to our websites, and users completed 60,596 searches in our Online Helping Hand to find practical and financial assistance.
- We distributed 957,511 print and digital publications to people living with cancer, caregivers, loved ones and health care professionals.
- Leading experts in oncology led 80 CancerCare Connect® Education Workshops, from 144 faculty members and 97 partner organizations, drawing 44,043 participants.
- The Pet Assistance & Wellness (PAW) Program helped 463 clients keep their pet in the home.
- My Cancer CircleTM served 25,430 active users in 2,042 active caregiver communities.