Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Updates on the Treatment of Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer, in the Context of COVID-19
- Novel Treatment Therapies
- Clinical Trial Updates
- How Research Offers Additional Treatment Options
- Biomarkers, Diagnostic Testing & Genomics: Why They Are So Important
- The Role of Precision Medicine in Improving Treatment Decisions
- Sequencing of Treatments
- Tips to Prevent & Manage Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team, including Lifestyle & Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Practical Strategies to Cope with Metastatic Triple Negative Breast Cancer
- How to Find the Financial, Emotional & Social Supports to Cope
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Kate Lathrop, MD
Associate Professor, Division of Hematology and Oncology, UT Health San Antonio, Breast Medical Oncology, Mays Cancer Center at UT Health San Antonio, Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Research, Long School of Medicine, UT Health San Antonio, Program Director, Medical Oncology and Hematology Fellowship Program, UT Health San Antonio; Program Director, San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS)
Anne Blaes, MD, MS
Professor of Medicine and Division Director, University of Minnesota, Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, Director of Cancer Survivorship Services and Translational Research, Masonic Cancer Center (MCC), Member, Masonic Cancer Center (MCC), Section Lead, Medical Oncology, Hematologist/Oncologist, Past Chair, American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Cancer Survivorship Committee, Member, Executive Board, Global Cardiooncology Society, Associate Editor, JACC Cardio-oncology, Section Editor, Hem/Onc Today on Survivorship
Kamel Abou Hussein, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cooper Medical School, Rowan University, Adjunct Assistant Professor, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Breast Medical Oncology
Hayley Dinerman, JD
Co-Founder and Executive Director, Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation®
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop