Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Thursday, April 27, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma, in the Context of COVID-19 & Omicron
- Deciding to Become a Caregiver
- Your Important Role in Decision Making
- Challenges in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Your Role in Adherence: Weekends, Holidays, and Vacations
- Coping with Each Day, On Special Occasions, Anniversaries, and Birthdays
- Managing Family, Friends, and Traditions
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- The Benefits of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions, and Discussion of the 2021 Care’s Act
- Self-Care Tips for Managing Lifestyle, Nutrition, Hydration and Stress
- Relaxation Exercises for Caregivers
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Andrew J. Yee, MD
Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Center for Multiple Myeloma, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
Matthew J. Butler, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, Mays MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT Health San Antonio
Guadalupe R. Palos, DrPH, MSW, RN
Former Clinical Protocol Administration Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Author and Researcher in Health Care Disparities, Caregiving & Survivorship
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Dina Smith, MSW
Caregiver Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop