Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Monday, February 6, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Liver Cancer, in the Context of COVID, Omicron & Seasonal Flu
- Current Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- Clinical Trial Updates
- How Research Increases Your Treatment Options
- The Role of Radioembolization
- Controlling Symptoms, Side Effects, Discomfort & Pain
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Your Quality-of-Life and Financial Concerns
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions, Follow-Up Appointments & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Ahmed O. Kaseb, MD, CMQ
John E. and Dorothy J. Harris Professorship in Gastrointestinal Cancer Research, Tenured Professor and Director, Hepatocellular Carcinoma Program Director, MD Anderson HCC SPORE, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
James J. Harding, MD
Assistant Attending, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Early Drug Development Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Cassie Spector, MSW
Oncology Social Worker, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop