Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Tuesday, April 11, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of the Treatment of Metastatic Prostate Cancer, in the Context of COVID, Omicron & Seasonal Flu
- Advances in the Treatment of Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Updates on the Treatment & Care of Bone Metastases
- The Role of Chemotherapy, Radiation Oncology & Targeted Treatments
- The Importance of Clinical Trials
- How Clinical Trials Contribute to Your Treatment Options
- The Role of Precision Medicine
- New & Emerging Treatments for Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Tips to Manage Side Effects, Discomfort & Pain
- The Role of Physical Activity
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments with Your Health Care Team, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team
- Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Susan Slovin, MD, PhD
Attending Physician, Genitourinary Oncology Service, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Diseases, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Weill College of Cornell University
Michael J. Zelefsky, MD, FASTRO
Professor of Radiation Oncology, Greenberg Chair of Prostate Cancer Research, Chief, Brachytherapy Service, Director of Prostate Cancer Radiotherapy, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Elizabeth K. O’Donnell, MD
Clinical Director of Early Detection and Prevention of Cancer, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians:: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop