Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Monday, May 1, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Mesothelioma, in the Context of COVID & Omicron Variants
- Innovative Multi-Modality Treatment Options, including Chemotherapy, Surgery, Immunotherapy, Targeted Treatments & Radiation
- The Role of Clinical Trials
- How Research Increases Treatment Options
- Managing Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life & Lifestyle Concerns
- Guidelines for Preparing for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Richard J. Gralla, MD, FACP
Professor of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center
Robert Taylor Ripley, MD
Director, Mesothelioma Treatment Center, Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of General Thoracic Surgery; Baylor College of Medicine; Member, Baylor College of Medicine, Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
Hedy Lee Kindler, MD
Professor of Medicine, Director, Mesothelioma Program, The University of Chicago Medicine
Executive Director, Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation®
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop