Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Cancer Treatments
- Definition of Adherence: Taking Your Pills on Schedule
- Its Important Role in Managing Cancer
- Barriers to Taking Your Pills
- Practical Tips to Overcome These Barriers, including Family, Partners & Others
- Computer, Tablet & Phone Reminders including Emails, Texts & Apps
- Planning Ahead: Lead Time in Refilling Prescriptions, Weekends, Travel & Holidays
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Adherence
- Reminders from Your Pharmacy & Pharmacist
- Clinical Trials on Adherence
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions, Follow-Up Care & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, now part of the Mt. Sinai Health System Author, Researcher in Oncology
Lisa M. Thompson, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator Supervisor, PGY2 Oncology Pharmacy Residency Program Director, Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center
Director of Education Initiatives, NeedyMeds
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop