Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- The Important Role of the Caregiver in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Taking on the Role of the Caregiver
- What Research Tells Us about Caregivers
- The Caregiver’s Role in Decision Making for a Loved One with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Challenges in Communicating with the Health Care Team
- Challenges & Rewards of Caregiving
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments
- Coping with Each Day, On Special Occasions & Birthdays
- Managing Family and Friends
- Long-Distance Caregiving
- Self-Care Tips for Managing Stress of Caregiving
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Kathryn F. Mileham, MD, FACP
Chief of the Section of Thoracic Medical Oncology, Atrium Health’s Levine Cancer Institute, Clinical Associate Professor, Hematology and Oncology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
Guadalupe R. Palos, DrPH, MSW, RN
Former Clinical Protocol Administration Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Author and Researcher in Health Care Disparities, Caregiving & Survivorship
Kristen Cox Santiago, MS
Senior Director of Care Partner Initiatives, LUNGevity Foundation®
Charlotte Ference, MSW
Lung Cancer Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop