- The Important Role of the Caregiver with the Health Care Team
- Caring for Your Loved One with Metastatic Prostate Cancer, in the Context of COVID & Omicron
- Tips on Working with the Health Care Team to Manage Your Loved One’s Pain, Neuropathy & Discomfort
- Deciding to Become a Caregiver: The Unique Stresses & Rewards of Caregiving
- Long-Distance Caregiving: Managing Family, Friends, Partners & Traditions
- Coping with Holidays, Birthdays, Anniversaries & Special Occasions
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/Telemedicine
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Self-Care & Stress Management Tips to Promote Caregiver Resilience
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Susan Slovin, MD, PhD
Attending Physician, Genitourinary Oncology Service, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Diseases, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Weill College of Cornell University
Guadalupe R. Palos, DrPH, MSW, RN
Former Clinical Protocol Administration Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Author and Researcher in Health Care Disparities, Caregiving & Survivorship
Andrew Roth, MD, FAPOS
Emeritus, Attending Psychiatry, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Professor Emeritus of Clinical Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College
Dina Smith, MSW
Caregiver Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop