Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, June 7, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Clinical Trials & Why They Are Important, in the Context of COVID, Omicron & Seasonal Flu
- Understanding Your Treatment Options, including Clinical Trials
- Concerns about Participating in Clinical Trials
- Types of Clinical Trials
- What Happens in a Clinical Trial?
- The Meaning of Informed Consent
- Benefits & Risks of Participation
- How & Where Clinical Trials are Conducted
- How to Participate in Clinical Trials
- Specific Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Clinical Trial Participation, in the Context of COVID, Omicron & Seasonal Flu
- Guidelines for Preparing for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, List of Questions & OpenNotes Discussion
- Accessing Resources for Clinical Trials
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD
Professor, Medical Oncology, Melanoma and Cutaneous Malignancies, Executive Director, Integration and Program Development, Cancer Network, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Neena Kapoor-Hintzen, MSN, ANP-C
Supportive Care Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice Provider Manager, Supportive Care, Geriatric Oncology, and Integrative Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, now part of the Mt. Sinai Health System, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop