Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, June 14, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Follicular Lymphoma, in the Context of COVID, Omicron & Seasonal Flu
- Treatment Options for Newly Diagnosed
- Treatment Options for Relapsed/ Refractory Disease
- Clinical Trial Updates
- How Research Contributes to Your Treatment Options
- New & Emerging Treatments
- Factors that May Affect Treatment Planning
- Preventing & Managing Treatment Side Effects, Symptoms & Discomfort
- Tips to Improve Communicating with Your Health Care Team
- The Increasing Role of Telehealth/ Telemedicine Appointments
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/ Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Practical & Psychosocial Support to Cope with Follicular Lymphoma
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Sarah C. Rutherford, MD
John P. Leonard, MD/Gwirtzman Family Research Scholar in Lymphoma, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Patrick M. Reagan, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Lymphoma and Transplant and Cellular Therapy Programs, Wilmot Cancer Institute, University of Rochester Medical Center
Belita Cowan, MA
President, Lymphoma Foundation of America
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop