Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, June 28, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- How Being a Member of Diverse Communities May Impact Your Access to Oncology Care, Treatment, Management of Treatment Side Effects & Pain Management
- What to Expect from Your Relationship with Your Health Care Team: Is Your Health Care Team Providing You with Equitable, Excellent Care?
- What to Consider When Selecting a Cancer Care Team & Treatment Facility - Languages Spoken & Diversity of the Health Care Team
- What is Cultural Humility & How Your Care Team Practices Cultural Humility
- When to Seek a Second Opinion: Finding the Best Care
- How to Request Copies of Treatment & Pathology Reports - Your Encounter Notes
- Key Questions to Ask Your Health Care Team about Your Treatment Plan
- How to Self-Advocate with Health Care Staff: Language Spoken, Disability Services & Other Barriers to Health Equity
- Health Literacy: How to Become More Knowledgeable & Satisfied with Your Care
- Your Important Role in Shared Decision-Making
- Tips to Communicate with Your Health Care Team to Determine If They are the Best Team for You
- Guidelines to Improve Your Communication with Your Health Care Team, including Prepared List of Questions & Follow-Up Appointments
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Michael K. Wong, MD, PhD
Professor, Medical Oncology, Melanoma and Cutaneous Malignancies, Executive Director, Integration and Program Development, Cancer Network, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
Stewart B. Fleishman, MD
Former Founding Director, Cancer Support Services, Continuum Cancer Centers of New York, now part of the Mt. Sinai Health System, Author, Researcher in Oncology
Lisa Petgrave-Nelson, MSW, OSW-C
Oncology Social Worker, Catholic Health Cancer Institute at St. Francis Hospital
Guadalupe R. Palos, DrPH, MSW, RN
Former Clinical Protocol Administration Manager, Office of Cancer Survivorship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Author and Researcher in Health Care Disparities & Survivorship
Bláz Bush, M.ED, (Bláz/he)
Executive Director, LGBTQ+ Health Program, Stanford Medicine, Center for Academic Medicine
Sara Grisales Jaramillo, MSW
Insights Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Sam Fortune, MSW
Women’s Cancer Program Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
CancerCare, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop