Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, June 28, 2023, 3:30 – 4:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Understanding Precision Medicine: Overview & Value of Precision Medicine
- How Precision Medicine is Different from Targeted Treatments?
- Precision Medicine’s Role in Informing Treatment Decisions: Predicting Response to Treatment
- The Role of Precision Medicine in Deciding the Treatment for Lung Cancer, Lymphoma, Leukemia, Colon Cancer & Breast Cancer
- Talking with Your Health Care Team about Precision Medicine & Its Benefits
- The Role of the Pathologist
- OpenNotes - Asking Your Healthcare Team & Pathologist to Help You Understand OpenNotes
- How Precision Medicine Contributes to Treatment Options & Quality of Life
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology & Prepared List of Questions
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Mark G. Kris, MD
William and Joy Ruane Chair in Thoracic Oncology, Attending Physician, Thoracic Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Michael J. Mauro, MD
Leader, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Program, Member, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor, Weill Cornell Medicine
Leonard Saltz, MD
Medical Oncologist, Executive Director for Clinical Value & Sustainability, Head, Colorectal Oncology Section, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to firstname.lastname@example.org after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop