Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Tuesday, November 14, 2023, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Treatment
- Current Standard of Care
- The Role of Chemotherapy, Radiation Oncology & Targeted Cancer Therapies
- New Treatment Approaches
- The Role of Biomarkers & Precision Medicine in Informing Treatment Choices
- How Clinical Trials Contribute to Treatment Options
- New Ways to Manage Treatment Side Effects, Symptoms, Discomfort & Pain
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team about Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- Key Questions to Ask When Communicating with Your Health Care Team
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- The Important Role of Movement
- Questions for Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Bobak Parang, MD, PhD
Assistant Attending Physician, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Weill Cornell Medicine/New York Presbyterian
Alissa J. Cooper, MD
Assistant Attending Physician, Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Kenneth Rosenzweig, MD
Professor and Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, System Chair, Mount Sinai Health System
Elizabeth K. O’Donnell, MD
Clinical Director of Early Detection and Prevention of Cancer, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Ann Fish-Steagall, RN, BSN
Senior Vice President, Patient Services and Health Care Delivery, LUNGevity Foundation®
Charlotte Ference, MSW
Lung Cancer Coordinator, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop