Workshop Date and TimeRegister Now
Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 1:30 – 2:30 pm, Eastern Time
Registrants can listen in live over the phone or online as a webcast.
- Overview of Bladder Cancer, Including Staging and Grading, in the Context of COVID, Seasonal Flu & RSV
- Standard of Care
- New Treatment Approaches
- Update on Clinical Trials
- The Role of Diagnostic Technologies, Genomics & Precision Medicine
- Targeted Treatments: Predicting Response to Treatment
- The Role of Immunotherapy
- Communicating with Your Health Care Team About Quality-of-Life Concerns
- Follow-Up Care Appointments and Plans
- Guidelines to Prepare for Telehealth/Telemedicine Appointments, Including Technology, Prepared List of Questions & Discussion of OpenNotes
- Nutrition & Hydration Concerns & Tips
- Questions to Ask Our Panel of Experts
Our Panel of Experts
Randy F. Sweis, MD
Physician-Scientist, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Committee on Cancer Biology, Committee on Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, Committee on Immunology, Biological Sciences Division, The University of Chicago
Gary D. Steinberg, MD
Professor, Department of Urology, RUSH Medical College
Diana L. Bearden, MS, RD, CSO, LD, CNSC
Oncology Dietitian, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Patricia Rios, MBA, MPH
Senior Education & Advocacy Manager, Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network
Carolyn Messner, DSW, BCD, FAPOS, FAOSW
Senior Director of Education and Training, CancerCare
Continuing Education Credits
Social Workers: This program has been submitted to the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, an approved provider through the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, provider #CS4607, for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Cancer Care, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0088. This workshop is approved for 1.0 Contact Hour.
Registered Dietitians: This program has been submitted to the Commission on Dietetic Registration for one Continuing Professional Education Unit (CPEU).
To request continuing education paperwork, please email your name, profession, and address to email@example.com after the program. All paperwork for continuing education credit must be requested, completed, and submitted within two weeks of the live program.
You can download the brochure for this workshop