CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for older adults (65+) diagnosed with cancer in New Jersey who are receiving a form of active treatment . Treatment may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support and receive information and guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins June 2023. This support group meets on Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Sarah Tennenhaus, LMSW, at 212-712-6144 or firstname.lastname@example.org.