CancerCare is offering a free, bi-weekly live support group for people in New York between the ages 20-39 who have been diagnosed with cancer and are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment).
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Helps you learn new ways of coping
- Increases feelings of hope and empowerment
- Provides you with practical information about treatment and resources
- Helps you communicate better with your medical team and loved ones
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins February 20, 2024. The group is open to New York residents only. This group meets biweekly on Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST for 8 sessions.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Hayley Feuchs, LMSW, at email@example.com.