CancerCare is offering a free, 8-week live support group for women identifying patients diagnosed with breast cancer or gynecological cancers in New York State, who are between the ages of 40 - 65 and are receiving a form of active treatment (including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment) or have received treatment within the past six months. This group will provide the opportunity for women who have been diagnosed with cancer a safe space to learn, share their feelings, gather information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis including body image and view of self.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next cycle, which will begin June 2023. The group meets biweekly on Mondays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Sam Fortune, LMSW, at email@example.com.