CancerCare is offering a free, biweekly live support group for people diagnosed with cancer in the Long Island, NY community who are receiving a form of active treatment (which may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal treatments and/or advanced cancer treatment). This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis. This group is available to serve people diagnosed with cancer within the Long Island community and will consist of 8 biweekly meetings.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
This group meets biweekly on Thursday evenings, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Thursday, February 23, 2023
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Melisa Celikoyar, LCSW, at 516-740-8620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.