CancerCare is offering a free, 12-week live support group for people in their 20s and 30s in New York who have experienced the loss of a parent due to cancer in the last 18 months. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of grief and loss.
- Provide cancer-focused bereavement support
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your loved ones
- Provide you with practical information and resources in your community
The current group cycle is closed, but we are recruiting for the next cycle which will start in February 2024. This support group will meet on Thursdays from 5:30-7:00 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, please contact Mary Hanley, LMSW, at 212-712-6129 or email@example.com, or Allison Moskowitz Duggan, LCSW, at 212-712-8093 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673).