CancerCare is offering a free, live support group for people diagnosed with cancer in New York and New Jersey who are receiving a form of active treatment or are post-treatment. This group will provide a safe place to exchange support, get information and receive guidance while discussing the unique challenges of living with a cancer diagnosis.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
Unfortunately, the current cycle of this group is full. The next group cycle will begin February 2023. This group meets biweekly on Tuesday evenings, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, call our Hopeline at 800-813-HOPE (4673) or contact Shannon Coon, LMSW, at 212-712-8423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.