Cancer impacts the whole family, including children. It’s normal for kids to experience many different emotions when a loved one is diagnosed. They can often feel isolated, scared, confused and angry, among many other things.
Kids Talk is a safe, supportive environment, where children ages 8-11 can express their feelings, share their experiences and learn coping skills for dealing with big feelings. This group meets biweekly on Zoom, and pre-registration is required.
- Reduces feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Helps kids learn new ways of coping
- Increases feelings of hope and empowerment
- Helps children communicate their emotions in a healthy way
- Help connect children with peers who are navigating similar feelings and challenges
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle which begins November 1, 2023. Group accepts new members after start date. This group meets biweekly on Wednesdays from 4 - 5 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Hayley Feuchs, LMSW, at 212-712-8071 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Julia Manna, LMSW at 201-301-6807 or email@example.com.