CancerCare is offering a free, 8-week support group for teenagers impacted by cancer. This group will provide a safe space for teenagers ages 13-17, who have a loved one diagnosed with cancer in New York and New Jersey. This group will provide a space for teens to exchange support while discussing similar challenges of having a loved one with cancer. Activities and time to talk will allow group members the opportunity to express their feelings and receive feedback from peers dealing with similar concerns. Throughout each session participants will have the opportunity to explore the commonalities among members and receive/provide support.
- Provide cancer-focused support
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, anxiety and distress
- Help increase feelings of hope and empowerment
- Assist you in learning new ways of coping
- Help you improve communication with your medical team and loved ones
- Provide you with practical information about treatment
- Provide you with resources in your community
We are currently recruiting for our next group cycle, which will begin February 21, 2024. This support group will meet biweekly on Wednesdays, from 4 - 5 p.m. ET.
This group will utilize a secure video platform. Group members will still have the option to call in if they do not have access to video technology.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Shannon Coon, LMSW, at 212-712-8423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.